WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behaviour when you access our websites via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website. All data passed by cookies is anonymous and will never contain individual detail such as your name, address, telephone number or payment details. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
Cookies are used with our marketing partners to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet, based on your browsing activity while on our sites. Cookies also allow us to work alongside our web analytics partners to see how you like to use our website, which pages or special functions you prefer and help us to promote them and make them better. This helps us to continually improve the relevance of our promotional communications, your shopping experience and our products and services.
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: -
- For technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- For us to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
TURNING OFF AND DELETING COOKIES
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off, or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you're using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, if you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our websites but refusing the cookies we have used via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on our website. You may also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out here: -
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "privacy" tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under "Privacy and security," click "Content settings".
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Remove all Website Data"
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu "tools" then "Options"
- Click on the icon "privacy"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu "Files" > "Preferences"